10 Reasons Why You Need a Coach
As an executive, leadership and career coach, I am often asked why one might need a coach. As professionals, it is imperative to invest in yourself in order to achieve greater success. Whether you have never considered a coach or if you’re in the process of deciding on a coach now, below are ten reasons why coaching can be transformative by helping you reach your goals, achieve new levels of success in your career, and better navigate in life generally.
A coach can:
- Help you to assess, develop, and reach the strategic goals that you have not been able to achieve on your own.
- Work with you to identify blind spots in your professional development and suggest solutions and strategies to address them.
- Serve as a neutral sounding board to help you brainstorm and ideate about next steps and new opportunities.
- Help you to better navigate within the workplace in order to have better success in your current role and to develop a plan to reach the next level.
- Help you reflect on your personal brand, improve your EQ and develop a brand-building strategic plan.
- Direct you to new resources and identify tools to help you to work smarter and increase productivity.
- Help to work through rough patches in your career, whether it is a bad review, difficulties working with a colleague, or adjusting to a new boss.
- Work with you on networking and business development strategy and prepare you for implementation.
- Eliminate stagnation, which can often lead to depression, sadness and feelings of lower self-worth.
- Help you to reach and perform at your highest level and ultimately find professional success.
If any of the above is an area that you’ve identified for personal and/or professional development, you can better assess whether you need and why you should have a coach. I have more than a decade of coaching experience, and it gives me tremendous happiness to see each of my clients reach new levels of success. If you are interested in working with a coach, please contact me to see if I can be of service.
Paula T. Edgar is an executive, leadership, and career coach and she is the Founder and Principal of PGE LLC, a consulting firm that specializes in professional coaching, social media and marketing strategy, and diversity and inclusion. Paula also speaks regularly on these topics by providing keynote speeches as well as professional development trainings. As an attorney and civic leader, Paula is active with a number of organizations and social justice initiatives and she serves as the President of the Metropolitan Black Bar Association. Paula received her B.A. in Anthropology from the California State University (Fullerton) and her J.D. from CUNY School of Law. Connect with Paula at www.paulaedgar.com and via Twitter @paulaedgar and on Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/paulaedgar